This apartment is in a fantastic location, near the Westerkerk, in a monumental building (Dr. Tulphuis) with a characteristic neck gable, on the top two floors (3+4 floor, no elevator) on OWN GROUND.
Beautiful entrance on the ground floor with high ornamental ceilings. The apartment is spread over two floors and was completely renovated in 2016. The spacious living room on the third floor with an open kitchen and blissful fireplace is located on the canal side overlooking the water and the greenery of the trees. At the back is a spacious room now used as a bedroom overlooking the Westerkerk. Also on this floor is a hall and a toilet. The stairs lead to the fourth floor from the living room. The void is closed by means of walking glass. This keeps the living room high and light and creates more living space upstairs. Also on this floor is the charming floor-heated bathroom with a bathtub and a spacious bedroom. The current owner has completely renovated the flat internally and the property is in very good condition.
In the basement of the building is a spacious storage room overlooking the Keizersgracht canal.
Central location in the Grachtengordel, between the Westermarkt and the attractive nine streets, so within the immediate vicinity of everything to make life enjoyable: restaurants, shops, market, cafés.
Easily accessible thanks to several tram and bus lines at a few minutes walking distance.
HISTORY OF THE PROPERTY:
Dr. Nicolaes (Claes Pieterszoon) Tulp (1593-1674) was a famous 17th-century physician and mayor of Amsterdam. Doctor Claes Pietersz. was so obsessed with tulips that he changed his name to Tulp in 1621. He attached a sign with a tulip to his house, Keizersgracht 210. Dr. Tulp is depicted in Rembrandt's famous painting "the anatomy lesson".
The ceiling height under the beautiful monumental beams on the third floor (62 m2) is 1.985 meters.
- Completely renovated in 2016;
- National monument;
- Own land, NO GROUND LEASE;
- Total living area: 91 m˛ (NEN 2580 measurement report available. The 3rd floor has a ceiling height under the beams of 1.985meter (62 m2) - the 4th floor measures 29 m2 GO;
- Energy label - not required due to monument status (total energy costs per month of <€200 in 2022);
- The healthy and active association is registered, consists of 6 apartment rights, annual meeting, reserve fund, and service costs are €193 per month;
- 2022, the front and rear facades have been completely painted;
- Spacious storage room in the basement.
Read full description